Healthy Greek inspired Yiros plate
Recipe by Sarah Camerlengo from @sarahcleaneats
Yiros Meat Ingredients:
100g chicken thigh, sliced finely
100g pork tenderloin, sliced finely
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 lemon, juiced
Himalayan pink salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Cos lettuce, chopped/shredded
Mayonnaise or Tzatziki
- Add the chicken and pork into a large snap lock or freezer bag.
- Add all spices, herbs lemon juice, salt + pepper and shake the bag until the meat is coated. You may adjust seasoning to your liking and add more spices and or herbs.
- Add in the garlic infused oil and shake again until the meat is coated.
- Place in the fridge to marinate for at least one hour and (if you have time) marinate overnight.
- Heat a medium size frypan and once hot, add the marinated chicken and pork.
- While the meat is cooking, prepare the shredded cos lettuce on a dinner plate and place on one side.
- Add the cucumber to the other side of the plate and any of your other favourite ingredients ie. tomato, kalamata olives, onion, capsicum.
- Once the meat is cooked, season again with salt + pepper (if needed).
- Add the meat onto the bed of lettuce, top with mayo or tzatziki & serve + enjoy!